If you need internet access in Indiana, then this guide will be just what you need. Below you’ll find information on who the internet service providers in Alabama are, where to find 3G mobile coverage, what the top schools provide their students and a shortlist of where to find free wi-fi hotspots.
Find the Best Internet Service Provider in Your Area of Indiana
Local Residential Internet Service Providers
Below you’ll find 3 ISPs that are local to Indiana that provide internet access to residential areas.
- RTC Communications: RTC Communications offers DSL internet packages. The most basic packages come with a 1 Mbps download speed at $44.95 monthly price. They also have a 5 Mbps download speed at $54.95 monthly price. The last is is the 10 Mbps download speed at $94.95 monthly price. Call them to know more information by dialing 812-486-3211.
- Endeavor Communications: Take advantage of Endeavor Communications and their available internet services. Their most basic package comes with a 1.5 Mbps download speed at $34.95/month. The 3 Mbps download speed is priced at $39.95/month, 6 Mbps is $44.95/month. Their highest package is 15 Mbps and costs $79.95/month. Call their toll free number at 1-800-922-6677..
- AdamsWells: Residential DSL by AdamsWells is available and costs $39.95/month for 2Mbps download speed, $49.95/month for 3Mbps download speed, and $59.95/month for 6Mbps download speed. Call them to know more information by dialing 800-917-7731.
Local Business Internet Service Providers
Here you’ll find 3 ISPs that are also local to Indiana, but instead provide internet access to businesses.
- Metronet Inc.:MetronetInc. offers a Small Business Internet Asymmetrical package with a bandwidth that rangest to fit the needs of your business. They also have a Complex Business Internet Symmetrical package wherein you can customize the bandwoidth range that your business requires. Prices of these business internet packages are not listed in the site as you have to call MetronetInc. to request a price quotation. Phone number is 877-407-3224.
- WideOpenWest : WOW offers different internet service packages. They have a 2 Mbps download speed, 15 Mbps, 30 Mbps, and 50 Mbps. To know more information as well as to get a price quote, call 866-496-9669.
- Bright House Networks:Bright House Networksprovides business packages that you need. They have packages with 3 Mbps download speed, 10 Mbps, 18 Mbps, and 50 Mbps; and these depend on your requirements. Not all speeds are available in all markets. Call them for more information and to get a price quotation at 205-591-6880.
Indiana Internet Connections and Coverage
In this section we cover the internet speeds you’ll find in Indiana, as well as where you can go to find mobile 3G internet coverage.
In regards to speed, Indiana’s speed is 13.26 Mbps, which is slightly slower than the national average of 14.81 Mbps.
The 5 cities with fastest internet speed in Indiana are:
- La Porte – 23.19 Mbps
- Plymouth – 21.61 Mbps
- Griffith – 20.50 Mbps
- Michigan City – 19.83 Mbps
- Cedar lake – 19.38 Mbps
The 5 fastest internet service providers in Indiana are:
- IQuest Internet – 26.44 Mbps
- Comcast – 20.06 Mbps
- Cinergy Metronet – 16.82 Mbps
- Bright House Networks – 14.64 Mbps
- Road Runner – 14.63 Mbps
Keep in mind that these numbers change all the time. For the most accurate information, you’ll want to check out the Indiana page at NetIndex.com.
Mobile 3G Internet Coverage for Indiana
Below you’ll find information regarding the mobile 3G coverage in Indiana state. We’ve provided a brief overview of the coverage provided by 3 of the top mobile internet providers.
Clear: Clear has a good signal in Indiana. Major cities have mobile coverage available so you don’t have to worry about not getting good signals.
AT&T: AT&T also has good mobile coverage all throughout the state so you can get connected to 3g signals wherever. Just a few areas don’t have 3G internet signals wherein it’s impossible due to the terrain. For the most part, getting wireless 3G should be fine.
Verizon: Verizon’s mobile coverage is spot on in the state of Indiana. Only a few areas in the North don’t have much 3g signals where lakes are also aplenty.
Keep in mind that coverage can change at any time, so you’ll want to double check a coverage map before signing up for mobile internet.
Top 5 Colleges in Indiana& Their Internet Access
What we have here are the top 5 colleges in Indiana, and a brief explanation of the type of internet connection that’s provided at each, as well as how to get it.
Indiana University – Bloomington
Wireless access is widely available on IU campuses.
IU Secure is the wireless network for students, faculty, and staff to access on all campuses. IU Secure utilizes WPA2 Enterprise (Wi-Fi Protected Access) for authentication and encryption.
If you are visiting IU on official business, you can get temporary wireless Internet access through a Network Access account from an IU sponsor.
Ball State University
Ball State provides an extensive wireless network that covers a majority of campus including some outdoor areas.
Ball State students and employees are encouraged to use the bsusecure wireless network due to the enhanced security it provides and its ease of use.
While visiting campus, guests can access the Ball State wireless network by connecting to bsuguest. This connection is available across campus and does not require a username or password to access.
Purdue Air Link (PAL) is Purdue University’s internet wireless connection. To connect to the internet you need to have a username and password. To access it, connect your wireless device to either the PAL2.0-Instructions or “PAL Setup” wireless network, open a web browser, and access your home page. Click the XpressConnect link to get started.
If you have guests visiting the University that need wireless network access, you may request an account for them by using a Guest Account form.
Earlham College has wireless coverage (802.11n) throughout the campus buildings including the off-campus houses and the residential halls. To connect to the internet, you need to select the “Register to ECWireless” network, and then log in using your Earlham College credentials.
Valparaiso University offers wireless connectivity to Valpo students with personal laptops and mobile devices on campus. The SSID for faculty, staff and student use is: valpo. The SSID for guest use is: valpoguest.
Free Internet Access Spots in Indiana
In Indiana, you can get free wireless internet in pizza shops, cafes, libraries, hotels/motels, restaurants, and universities. Other places where you can connect to free Wi Fi internet are:
- Clarian West Medical Center in Avon
- Grovertown Truck Plaza in Grovertown
- The whole city of Highland
- Classic Cleaners Tan & Laundry in Indianapolis
- Readmore in Richmond
This is far from a complete list, but rather a short list to give you an idea on where to go or what to look for when you need free wi-fi access in Indiana.