AT&T announced their plans today to roll out a new home security and automation service by the name of Digital Life. Trials are expected to begin this summer in the cities of Atlanta and Dallas.
The new IP based services gives consumers the ability to monitor their home and automate aspects of their life whether they are at home or are on the go. Tasks that the Digital Life service can perform include:
- Control appliances
- Detect moisture
- Adjust thermostats
- Lock and unlock doors
- Detect smoke, carbon monoxide and glass (breaking)
- Monitor and detect opening doors and windows
- Monitor the perimeter via installed security cameras
All of these tasks can be performed and monitored using your tablet pc, smartphone, desktop computer, laptop or anything else you use to access the internet with. Trial subscribers will be able to access Digital Life using their own internet providers (you don’t have to use AT&T), although it’s unclear if that’ll change once the trial period is over and the service expands nationwide.
Digital Life Trial Features
The following are features of the Digital Life (trial) system:
- User interface application, enabling you to create a custom solution for you and your family, which can be managed at home or on the go.
- 24/7 security monitoring centers owned/operated by AT&T
- Professional installation of the platform, sensors and devices.
- The ability to buy the service through retail stores.
You can see the service in action in the video below.
AT&T Digital Life Intro Video
[AT&T & Press Release]